iTunes Icon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PJF13, Sep 27, 2007.

1. PJF13 macrumors member

I wonder if they will replace the iTunes icon in Leopard with the new icon found on the iPhone and iPod Touch?

I like the iPhone one better...though I wonder why they even changed it from the one Tiger uses?

Another Apple mystery.

2. PJF13 thread starter macrumors member

The other thing I'm wondering about is the dock...I wonder if they'll update it to look like the iPod Touch's Leopard inspired one?

3. robk130 macrumors newbie

I also think its odd that the icon is on the right side and not the left. Maybe its just me :confused:

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I don't want my arrows pointing at phone icons.

5. PJF13 thread starter macrumors member

Maybe they'll release SO many new applications and such that we'll actually get to customize what's on our desktop in the future?! I can see them keeping the dock locked but maybe not the the rest...hmmmmm :)

6. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Using Uno and changed iTunes icon so I'm good till Leopard.

8. pscoble macrumors 6502

I personally like the iTunes 7 icon and I hope they don't change it to the new touch and iPhone one.

9. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I imagine they would keep them different in order to differentiate between the regular iTunes store and the Wifi iTunes store. But that's just my take on it. Who's to say what they'll do...

10. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Isn't the new icon for the Wi-Fi store anyway, and not iTunes per se? Or are we talking about something else?

Also, I don't have an iPhone and mostly disagree with the people who are hacking it, but ... If I did have an iPhone I would hack into it just to change that ugly hot pink icon to something a little easier on the eyes.

Seriously ugly icon IMO. :)

11. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Cause it makes more sense to have the itunes download logo pointing to your ipod logo and not to phone

12. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

True, but im sure they were thinking about this since day one. They would have had the ipod icon in a different position yes? Either way, i think that 3 more apps are coming. When? I dont know, but i do think they will be coming eventually, and then our iphone experience will be complete, and everyone will be happy, until the 2nd generation comes, and everyone will cry, until they buy it, and then everyone will rejoice with happiness :)

13. robk130 macrumors newbie

AHHHH, good enough answer for me :D

14. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

Yes, they did think about it. The iPhone is a phone and they put that icon first since that's it's basic function. They had to compromise to put the iTunes icon on there with the extra space, I believe, because they weren't ready for the rest of the widgets. I hope that they come out with Leopard. There will be new widgets, it's just a question of when. Personally I'd love to see a customizable dock at the bottom like OSX that magnifies when you slide your fingers over it. Or make like a mini cover flow for apps at the bottom, or an icon which links to apps cover flow which has all the icons that can't fit on the home screen. That would pretty much be amazing.

15. timmmmyboy macrumors newbie

My guess is that the pinkish purple icon is a iTunes Wifi Store icon only and leopard will probably either keep the iTunes 7 icon or pretty it up slightly. The Wifi icon is an arrow pointing down which makes perfect sense since the whole point is to download music to your ipod (and it happens to be right above the ipod icon as others pointed out). This kind of logic wouldn't exist in a desktop environment where iTunes is used for much more than simply downloading music.