iTunes ID and Email Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iammike1, Mar 1, 2011.

1. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

So, I've had an iTunes account setup to my Gmail for some time. I then purchased a MobileMe account and have been exclusively using my @me.com email address.

I understand that because MobileMe comes with an iTunes account you can not change your main iTunes ID to the @me.com.

My question is this....even if my iTunes login ID continues to be my @gmail.com address, isn't there a way to get the emails sent to my @me.com address?

I'm pretty sure there used to be a way to do this but I can't seem to make it work that way now. As it stands, I have to keep an active Gmail account that receives my iTunes email and forwards it to my MM account which is just silly.

Thanks

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can only do it the way you described, as far as I'm aware. If your Google account was disabled, the mail would bounce.

Edit: Sorry, I entirely misunderstood your post. I wonder if there is a way to change your Apple ID over to an existing MobileMe account by contacting support?

3. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Previous postings I've seen has said it is not possible for customer support to help with this. I think it's kind of silly that Apple has provided no way for me to integrate over to MobileMe for my iTunes account.

I don't really care if I can't change the login ID though....I'd just like the email to be sent to the @me.com email address so I don't have to maintain this now pointless Gmail account.

4. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The login ID is tied to the "Primary Email Address". Try contacting support, though. They may be able to do something.

You could also try adding your MobileMe address to "Alternate Email Addresses" on this page: https://appleid.apple.com/

5. iammike1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I have added the @me.com into Alternate Email Addresses and it takes it but all emails, like iTunes receipts, still go through my @gmail.com.