Itunes ID has been disabled

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mic3933, Apr 9, 2011.

1. mic3933 macrumors newbie

Need help!!
    My Itunes ID has been disabled. I can't update/download the apps...
    :(

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

You will need to call Apple to find out about it.

Did you use some gift cards purchased from dubious sources? Often the gift cards are purchased with stolen CC numbers, then resold and once Apple finds out about it, anyone using the gift card gets their account disabled, usually permanently.

4. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

They did this to me when my iTunes account got hacked. Even though I changed my password immediately upon finding out about it, when I emailed them about getting a refund the rep I was communicating with disabled my account until I changed my password again, as well as giving him a DNA sample and my first born child. Lol ok they didn't really go that far but I had to jump through hoops to prove my identity and get my account back. Email iTunes support, maybe someone attempted to hack your account and they preemptively disabled it

5. Skarman macrumors newbie

Same here. My account was hacked a week ago. After much frustration with Apple they finally cleaned it all up. Then a few days later my account was disabled. I can login and edit my account information but I can't download anything nor can I set up my new iPad.

I've called support and was told to read the FAQ on iTunes then hung up on. I've emailed support multiple times over the last three days with no response. I've contacted the local Apple Store and was told they can't help me.

Ipad is getting returned today since I can't set it up. I'm very disappointed with how Apple has treated this incident. I was considering a Macbook Pro but I'm done with Apple. I'm a computer professional for a large law firm and we've considered bringing Apple products into the office, but this situation has certainly killed that idea. I cannot have this deplorable level of support in my office environment.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Rethink that. I'm not saying because I am a fan or anything. I do pretty much what you do in terms of employment and the only downside we had with apple was the lack of native applications such as autocad. Aside from this, windows is horrible and apple is a better choice. You simply had a bad experience.