iTunes import errors

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bkxmnr, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Bkxmnr macrumors regular

Bkxmnr

I seem to be having trouble importing one song from Pink Floyd's The Endless River CD. On the last song, Louder Than Words, there are what sound like scratches on the imported version. I don't hear them when I play directly from the CD so I'm inclined to believe the CD is not at fault. I've tried importing several times and using the error correction option. The scratches aren't always in the same spot but in the same general area. To be honest, I'm perplexed. Any thoughts on what might be going on and how to fix it?

2. Partron22 macrumors 68020

Partron22

You have "Use error correction when importing from CD's" turned on in iTunes prefs?
    If that fails, you might feeding the AIFF through Audacity, and try importing that.
    If there are "scratches" Audacity will let you see them, and edit them out.

3. Bkxmnr thread starter macrumors regular

Bkxmnr

Yeah, I was using error correction.

I did fail to mention in my original post that I was using an Alienware laptop. I was able to import the song on my Mid-2010 iMac without issue. So weird.

4. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Doubtful but, try exporting (drag and drop, etc.) the successful import of the song from your iMac to an external drive, then import it into your Windows machine.

5. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

Maybe it could have been a bit of dust or a hair or something in the laptop's optical drive?