iTunes "import" options

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobertoq, Jan 29, 2009.

1. bobertoq macrumors 6502a

What happened to iTunes? Recently it's just been getting on my nerves and I'm wanting to permanently uninstall it. I have found some wonderful free alternatives! :D

What happened to the Advanced Options that allowed me to change what I wanted all my music files to be stored as? It used to be I could convert all my library to mp3's (128 kbps). I want to do that know but there is no option.

I have a bunch of DRM'ed music I want to remove the DRM from and convert to mp3. I usually do this by burning it to a CD and ripping it. Now iTunes is giving me nonsense about "You don't have the right to burn due to copyright issues" or something like that. And, also, I have been trying to figure out how to get around iTunes nonsense, so I keep on making new library files and it tells me "You have authorized 4 out of 5 computers" when I only play my music on one computer.... (That is if iPods don't count)

So if anyone could help me with this DRM nonsense (please do not tell me to waste 70 bucks on music I already have) or converting all my music to mp3's that'd be great. Thanks :D

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's in General > Import Settings now.

3. bobertoq thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you :) I should have seen that, don't know how I missed it. It's just that they moved so many options in iTunes 8.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

There's something called Requiem that will strip the DRM. Obviously I can't post the link for it as that would be illegal (stupid DMCA). However, you can check your PM's ;).