iTunes, Imported TV Shows and Front Row

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dark Dragoon, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

I've ripped some of my DVD's into m4v's using Handbrake, and converted some videos using Visual Hub.

They all show and play back correctly in iTunes.

I've tried tagging the files using either iTunes (Get Info) or Lostify, so they all appear correctly under TV Shows or Movies in iTunes.

However in Front Row if I select TV Shows, it gives me the message "There are no TV Shows in your iTunes library".

Is there any way of making them display in Front Row?

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

They need to be tagged as TV shows.
    Find the video in iTunes, select it and press :apple: + I to Get Info. Go to the Vide tab and make sure that the pull down menu next to the words Video Kind says TV Show. If not, click the pull down menu and select TV Show. That should work.

3. Dark Dragoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

They are all tagged correctly as TV Shows.

I tried with Get Info, Video, Video Kind: TV Show.
    And I have also tried setting it with Lostify.

The videos all show up in the TV Shows section in iTunes. But they do not show in the TV Shows section of Front Row.

4. brandon6684 Guest

Do they show up under Frontrow at all, even under Music?

5. Dark Dragoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Anything that was recorded and exported via EyeTV shows up in the Music > Artists section, even though in iTunes they are in either the Movies or TV Shows section.

Though none of my Movies or TV Shows that I've converted myself are displayed. At-least nowhere that I can see.

6. brandon6684 Guest

Maybe try to delete from library and readd? I had a similar problem with a season of Babylon 5 or something I imported once, that's what I did.

7. Dark Dragoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

I've just tried doing that with one series, it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

Unfortunately I don't have the space to make a copy of the whole of my iTunes library and reimport.

8. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

9. Dark Dragoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Thanks that's fixed it.

One more question, now that the TV Shows and Movies are being displayed. Is there any way of ordering them A-Z, rather than the current seemingly random order?

10. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

I haven’t found anything, although it annoys me too slightly. Not enough to do anything about it, mind. Report back if you find anything!

11. Dark Dragoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

The only way I've found to order shows alphabetically is to make an alias from the TV Shows and Movies folders where iTunes stores it's files, to the users Movies folder.

That way the folders appear under the Movies section in iTunes and are ordered alphabetically.