iTunes in need of rebranding?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrsir2009, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hi guys :) Does anyone else think that iTunes might be in need of rebranding? Because now, in addition to music and iPod manager it does Movies, TV Shows, App Store for iOS and general all round iOS managing. I think it should either be rebranded, or, better yet, split off into two different apps: iTunes for media and iOS Manager for iOS managing.

What do you guys think?

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

they have the number 1 media software in the world with a huge amoutn of brand recognition. Changing the name would be counter productive. I see a bit more reason to do so witht he app store, but thats mac only, and they won't want to dilute the branding by having it be different on mac and windows.

Same for breaking it into separate applications. They know everyone already uses iTunes, why make someone go to a different application to get their movies and apps, especially since it all works in a very similar fashion. Again, counter productive.

I don't think rebranding accomplishes much from apple's point of view.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

10 bucks says "iTunes" is changed to "Music", "App Store", or "iTunes Store" in next 1-2 years. It's days are clearly numbered.

5. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Yeh I totally agree. Time to split iTunes into an App Store and device manager (iOS and Mac combined) and just have iTunes to play music in a nice interface. Call it Music like on iOS.

It's funny how we've gone from english words, to brand names and now back to english words for app names :rolleyes: