Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtjmiddleton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
So I have an iCloud Apple ID which I use to purchase all my content via apple. As far as I can tell, I can't change my Apple ID to my gmail address. Correct?

If that's the case, is there any way I can change the way my billing invoices are sent to me, so that whilst I continue to purchase under my @icloud.com Apple ID (I have iTunes Match and about 6/7 years worth of purchases under it...) I can have them sent to my gmail address to allow for archiving/labelling/filing with all the rest of my invoices and mail.

I suppose the other alternative is to just forward them, but that's an extra step I'd rather avoid if at all possible.

Sorry for the randomness of this question.

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
So I have an iCloud Apple ID which I use to purchase all my content via apple. As far as I can tell, I can't change my Apple ID to my gmail address. Correct?

If that's the case, is there any way I can change the way my billing invoices are sent to me, so that whilst I continue to purchase under my @icloud.com Apple ID (I have iTunes Match and about 6/7 years worth of purchases under it...) I can have them sent to my gmail address to allow for archiving/labelling/filing with all the rest of my invoices and mail.

I suppose the other alternative is to just forward them, but that's an extra step I'd rather avoid if at all possible.

Sorry for the randomness of this question.

I don't understand if you'd like to avoid forwarding because you'd have to do it but if that is the case then you can set up a simple rule to forward only the iTunes emails automatically.

Pietro

dtjmiddleton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
I suppose forwarding only the itunes one would be a suitable option. I was just wandering if it was possible another way.

I am right in that i can't update my email address on the iTunes account. Right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.