itunes/iPad initial set up. Is there a fix for this?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cfs123, Aug 21, 2010.

1. cfs123 macrumors regular

Hi Forum,

Right now, is the first time I have tried to sync my ipad to my imac since I purchased my ipad-2 months.

The first time I set up my ipad with itunes I must have done something wrong because when I try to sync, itunes tells me that all existing applications on the ipad will be replaced with applications from my itunes library.

I researched this and found this out from the Apple website:

The first time you sync your device, you are asked if you want to merge data, replace data on the device, or replace the data on your computer. When you choose to merge information, any differences between the data will be mingled together. If you choose to replace information, information from either the computer or device will overwrite the information on the other. These options can not be undone. After that, anytime you connect your device to your computer, iTunes opens and syncs with your device according to the settings in iTunes.

What are my options. I should have chose merge?

Will I loose al of my applications and work from my ipad now?

Thanks Forum,

CFS123

2. AppleZwei macrumors member

Just don't select sync apps then. It should backup your iPad, allowing your data to be safe for syncing in the future.

3. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

Is the iTunes on your iMac signed in and authorized on the same iTunes account that your iPad is using? I only get that message when my iTunes on my MacBook Pro isn't authorized on the same account that my iPad or iPhone is on.