Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlambert1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Arkansas
Sorry if some of you think this is in the wrong area, but since iTunes 9 seems to be the lowest common denominator I am posting here. If I can't get any help I'll post in the apple tv and iphone sections as well.

Since I have installed iTunes 9 I have noticed quite a few issues, however the two biggest issues are the following:

My iPhone 3G craps out trying to sync video. I get the following error: Attempting to copy to the disk "jacob lambert's iPhone" failed. The disk could not be read from or written to. This only happens on video, I have done a complete restore on my phone and it fixed the issue, but after the initial sync the problem reappears. The only videos I am syncing are iTunes purchased Mad Men and Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia episodes. Doing a complete restore just to get the new episodes of a tv show on my phone seems like an awful solution. So does rolling back to a previous version of iTunes. I have the most recent iMac and Snow Leopard, so there should be no reason my computer isn't compatible with the latest updates from Apple.

The other issue is on my apple tv. When I try and watch streamed episodes of Fringe or episodes loaded on the Apple TV itself it freezes up. It'll play for about 4 minutes, then freeze, and eventually error out and say the format is not recognized. I have had this issue before and it turned out to be an HDMI issue, but in this case I can connect via another means and the issue still exists. The episode of Fringe plays fine inside of iTunes on my iMac. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Sped

macrumors regular
May 30, 2003
I've had the same issue syncing. I've resorted to no longer syncing video until Apple fixes this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.