iTunes iPhone Backups?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mylexon20s, Nov 13, 2016.

1. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

I am hoping that somebody can help me!

I was using iTunes to backup my iPhone 6 Plus before I sold it, and when I went to restore my iPhone 7 Plus, it said backup corrupt and then disappeared from my device backup list in iTunes.. I have checked Library/Application Support/MobileSync and it only is showing my iPad backups.. Does anybody know if there is an alternate folder, or trash bin that the file may be in? I am freaking out because I lost almost 4,000 pictures and over 250 videos. For some reason, iCloud didn't properly back them up.

Any help would be great!

2. krazirob macrumors regular

krazirob

if the backup is corrupt then its corrupt.....even if you did find the file would you really want to restore your new phone with a corrupt backup file.

I would ask why did your iCloud not properly back up your media? did you not have the correct settings selected.

3. mylexon20s thread starter macrumors regular

mylexon20s

As far as I know the iCloud was setup, as when I have switched phones in the past, my camera roll would automatically pop back up. Even if I could find the corrupt file, I'd try to load it on another iPhone just to see if I can retrieve my photos.. They mean a lot to me.

4. KALLT macrumors 601

You can restore old iTunes iPhone backups with Time Machine as well.