iTunes & iPhone match not made in heaven

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by old thrashbarg, Nov 2, 2009.

1. old thrashbarg macrumors newbie

Hello everyone--

I have two macs - a Macbook Pro and an aluminum iMac. As of about a week ago, I am also the happy owner of an iPhone 3GS. So I hook it up to my iMac at home, and voila, everything transfers just beautifully - my songs and movies, my address book and iCal, and my email and notes.

I take the iPhone to work, and I hook it up to my Macbook Pro. It says that it can't sync with more than one computer - here's the irony - that's no biggie to me. I don't keep any media on my work computer.

But here's the rub - I do use my work computer for Mail and notes. And it looks like I can sync those just fine (even though my phone is already "bonded" with my iMac at home. But it doesn't! The notes sync up and suddenly I've got copies of them on my phone. I delete one off of my phone, and it doesn't delete it off of my Macbook Pro. What's going on? I don't want to sync media - but it seems like a no brainer that you would be "allowed" to sync mail and notes from two computers...right?!

Thanks!

2. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

you can only sync notes with one computer and itunes does not sync your messages, only accounts as it states directly within itunes 'Syncing Mail accounts syncs your account settings, but not your messages. To add account or make other changes, tap Settings then Mail, Contacts, Calendars on this iPhone.'