iTunes / iPhone stupid question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tsquare, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Tsquare macrumors member

Okay, here is the situation. I am getting my new iPhone4 tomorrow at 7:30 (pre-order from best buy):D:D:D
    My fiance is taking my 32gb 3gs. Tonight she found an old itunes gift card and wanted me to check it to see if it had anything left on it. So I get on my phone and hit redeem and type in the code, to our dismay, it had all $50 ready to be used. Cool, BUT, it is on MY iTunes account.
    My question is thus, can you use the same iTunes account on more than one iPhone? We want to log in both phones to my account and both use the $50 credit. I am thinking no, because that would allow a family pretty much to use one account, buy an app, and install it on more than one phone. Anyways, of someone can confirm it or deny it I would be very grateful, thanks in advance.

2. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

This situation is easily compatible with iTunes device authorization... as long as your Mac with iTunes is "Authorized" for each account.

3. Tsquare thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the quick response. That is what we will do. Consider this thread closed. Once again, we appreciate macrumors!!!

4. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Just for the record we have 3 phones that use the same iTunes account and use 3 sep. computers to do so.