iTunes & iPhone - TV Show Sorting/Grouping Queston...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sonictonic, Jul 14, 2007.

1. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Hi People,

Alright so I have some TV Shows I've bought from iTunes... and also some TV Shows I've downloaded off the net and imported into iTunes, added the "album art" etc.

I've got my iPhone set to sync 3 episodes each, of a couple TV shows. The TV show bought through iTunes, shows up as ONE item on my iPhone's TV Shows [video] list, and when you tap on it then you get the expanded list of those 3 episodes of the one show. On the TV Show I added to iTunes myself however, each of the 3 episodes is listed in the main screen, seperately even though they are the same show.

My question is, is there a way to "group" the TV Shows I imported myself, into one item on the main list, and have it behave just like the ones I bought off iTunes? I've checked my sorting and album and artist fields in iTunes, and I can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong. :confused:

Help please? :)

2. sonictonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. jvanlee1 macrumors member

Go to the iTunes "get info" window video tab for each show and insert a show name and season number (make one up if you have to).

4. sonictonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already have a show name, season #, and episode # in the fields. Still, they do not group together on my iPhone's TV show list.

Any other ideas?

5. sonictonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

For anyone interested (doubt it, lol but here goes anyway) - I figured it out, well actually found the answer on Apple's discussion forums.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4918223&#4918223

Apparently if you have one or two of something n the list, it will NOT group it. Only if you have 3 or more items for that show/artist/etc.

:)