iTunes, iPhoto weiredness after System Update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nsmextra, Apr 21, 2007.

1. nsmextra macrumors newbie

Today I updated my iMac G5 Tiger 10.4.9. It went well after reboot. However, I've seen the BSOD for the first time in my Mac and not only once it happened thrice today. Once when updating my fink, once while installing a widget into Dashboard and once just surfing the net with one Bangla forum and Google reader opened. Though after those incidence it's now running for 1 hour.

But I have some other problems with my iTunes and iPhoto. iTunes is asking everytime I launch it for the settings. I mean it's behaving like first run. And iPhoto cannot find it's Library. I then tried to start a new library after backing up my current library. What I got is spinning with message Loading photos...

I am not sure how to solve these problems. Also note that I am using iPhoto Buddy to have multiple library, but I set it so that quitting iPhoto Buddy restores default library in iPhoto. It was working till the update. Any thoughts.

2. nsmextra thread starter macrumors newbie

Strange, noone's having this problem! I've just had the Screen of Death again.

Do I have to do a fresh install? It's more than a year I am running it without any problem. Only one update screwed it all. :mad:

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Try the usual stuff first: repair permissions and verify the disk, trash preferences for the apps behaving weird (or move them, if you need to preserve them, like you might want to for iPhoto). Something probably got a little mixed up in the install process, but it hopefully wouldn't require a clean install.

jW

4. nsmextra thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the first thing I do after a software update is repairing permission and surprisingly for the first time no repair was required. Just to be sure I ran it twice :D. I built iTunes Library from scratch which took good 25 min (I have 7000 songs ;) ). I did clear caches for all the apps, i.e., deleted everything in the Caches folder. Couldn't find any preference file for iPhoto yet. I have done all the usual stuffs I remember. What else can I do, please?