iTunes+iPod cutting songs short

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kwissylawrencek, Nov 7, 2007.

1. kwissylawrencek macrumors member

Hey, I'm new. I'm having a problem with iTunes and my iPod, well actually it's only one album in particular. The Led Zeppelin 4 Disc Box set. A lot of songs on itunes say that they're quite long but then fade out much earlier than it's supposed to then goes onto the next song, but if i hear it start to fade i can click to after the fade out and the song keeps playing.

eg. Black Dog, the time it says is 16:37 but it starts to fade at about 4:40 and then go to the next song. BUT if i skip to just after the fade out, or even pause it then press play again during it it'll suddenly keep playing like normal but it'll try and fade out again a few times. Same thing on the ipod. And thats for a lot of songs.

Can anyone help?

2. gojaromeiginla macrumors member

Do you have crossfading on? If you do, that could be messing with your songs. However, you probably have something going on with the album, if it's only fading out on that Led Zeppelin album. I'm not sure what else would cause this.

3. kwissylawrencek thread starter macrumors member

no, crossfade is off.
    oh well, Thanks anyway.

4. r21hugo macrumors member

r21hugo

i was having this same problem back in my PC days, since i switched to a mac 2 weeks ago, i haven't had that problem.

5. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Maybe this is how that album does "gapless playback"? Get info on all the songs and make sure Gapless Album is unchecked. Then try it again.

6. kwissylawrencek thread starter macrumors member

oh ok, i'll give that a try. thanks.
    EDIT: Ok I think that some of the files from that album are corrupt or something because I checked a different Led Zeppelin album and it begins to fade out where the song is meant to end. Thanks for your help