iTunes/iPod PC-Mac troubles

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wichtb01, Apr 9, 2007.

1. wichtb01 macrumors newbie

wichtb01

OK, I bought a MacBook today and I am having a small problem. I copied my iTunes folder from my PC to my external drive. I dragged and dropped that folder into my MacBook and it copied all of my music to iTunes. The only problem is my ratings and play counts did not copy. I also dropped the .xml file into iTunes but that did nothing. What am I missing? I got the instructions from a different forum but they seem similiar to the instructions here.

2. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Did you use the Export Library feature? Or did you just do it manually? Not sure if there is a difference, or if it even saves your Lib info, but it might help.

You might want to try open iTunes on MacBook, hold down the option key while opening it, and click on the button load iTunes library, and navagate it toward the folder with you XML doc, or Library files, and see if that helps.

This is one of those things that bugs me about iTunes. I would like to have the option to be able to backup my Selected Songs from my library, or backup All Songs/Albums. It boggles my mind why they haven't made this feature.