iTunes/iPod Touch issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kellie Sharp, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Kellie Sharp macrumors newbie

Kellie Sharp

Hi,

Wasn't sure whether to put this in MacBook Pro, iPod or this forum so please move the thread if I have made the incorrect selection.

Basically, i had a Windows 7 based laptop which died a tragic death at the hands of my dog (long story, one very angry owner, one very sorry pup!) and decided to upgrade to the MacBook Pro as i have always wanted one.

To cut a long story short, I do NOT have access to iTunes on the Windows based machine that stored my music, all I have is the music stored on my iPod Touch. I plugged it into my MBP last night naively believing my music would just transfer from the iPod Touch to iTunes and I'd have my music library back... but, it seems this isn't how it works.

I'm a bit cranky because I have always legitimately purchased all music through iTunes rather than illegally downloading it thinking I was "doing the right thing" and now I am concerned that Apple's fetish for restrictions is going to leave me thousands of dollars out of pocket for the music I've purchased over the past 5 years.

Please please please tell me that there IS a way I can get my music off my iPod Touch onto my MBP?