iTunes is crap

Discussion in 'iPod' started by andiwm2003, Sep 17, 2015.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

Why does iTunes keep downloading purchased items in the background without me wanting it? It tries to download dozens of TV shows and movies. Why do they have a cloud?

I don't want to clog up my HD with gigabytes of old TV shows every time I start iTunes. Let alone it slowing down the internet by stupidity downloading old crap movies. I don't want that.

I never set anything to "automatic download" or such. But it keeps doing that.

How can I stop this bloated piece of crap from downloading old stuff?

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

iTunes drop-down menu > Preferences > Store tab: Automatic Downloads

3. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

unfortunately that doesn't work for me. not at my mac right now so can't test it. but whenever i buy or rent anything on itunes it asks for my iCloud login and immediately starts downloading dozens of movies from the last five years.

If i forget to go to the download window and manually stop it from downloading it just fills up my HD. It sometimes does this without me logging in to anything. It's a mess.
    I had this issue for years. I contacted they support and they deleted my download queue on their end but it didn't help. Everytime I upgrade iTunes to a new version it does the same.

It seems whenever I do anything that touches a login procedure iTunes downloads everything under the sun. How can apple design something like this and at the same time tout their "we stream everything" model?