iTunes is creating frustration (Again!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vampyren, Apr 3, 2011.

1. vampyren macrumors regular

Hello all,

Let me first say i love Apple, i have bought all iPhones since launch and i got a MBP 15'. I use to defend iTunes to people who complain about Apple forcing them to use it. Its not the best app for everything but it gets the job done easily. Now here where it gets interesting and i beginning to loose my interest in Apple.

Yesterday night i downloaded 2 books on my iPhone which went great, later same evening i went to sync my iPhone with iTunes on my MBP (hate that i still cant do this "wirelessly" but that another topic). So naturally i had to turn this on in iTunes on MBP and to my surprise what does iTunes tell me, good old message that all my music&Videos will be wiped. I mean for syncing to 2 books i have to loose 20Gig of data to transfer 2Meg worth of book! This is insane in my opinion.
    I have limitation to sync with 1 computer, i cant use wireless syncing,the library management is lousy, and now this! I got really mad and posted a thread on Apple forum and ask for help and see if others felt the same way i was and what do you know my post gets removed and i get a mail that refers me to their term of rules.

Now i'm beginning to reconsider my future decision for phone to be honest. Its so crazy , i love Apple products and i have persuaded so many people to buy iPhone/macs and here i'm reconsidering myself due to crazy decisions Apple have been taking and frustrating me for a long time with its decisions.

Maybe i'm making a big deal out of this but i seriously i cant understand why we have these limitations in iTunes. Would be interesting to know how many others are having the same "dilemma" as i.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I will always hate iTunes even if they COULD do it wirelessly!

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

yeh! iTunes does take the piss sometimes! I guess it's just a compromise for using some of the best devices ever made! :)

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You do realize that you can backup the iPhone or Transfer Purchases without having to sync, right? Syncing is a function used to ADD content to the iPhone, not copy it back to a computer.

5. vampyren thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry i dont follow, how do you do that ? are you talking about iTunes or third party app?
    A more detailed explanation would be appreciated :)

@JASApplications: agree with you, i'm beginning to hate iTunes more and more with the silly Apple rules. It has all the potential to be awesome but Apple behaves like a stubborn baby refusing to listen to the consumers.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You can specify EXACTLY what you want iTunes to do when you plug your phone into your computer! Don't want it to sync, uncheck the box.

7. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Right click on devices and select transfer purchases.

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

cool, i didnt know it could do that. Now why did apple remove his post instead of just posting that?

9. deanfx4u macrumors regular

"You posted it wrong."

10. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Maybe you need to authorize that MBP in order not to loose all your data. If I can remember clear this Appple ID will allow you to authorize 5 PCs.

How many other iTunes accounts have you "previously" sync b/f using the MBP?

11. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Cool I didn't know that. I will apply this on my wife's itouch.

12. vampyren thread starter macrumors regular

Got it, thanks for the tips.

@deanfx4u
    And about Apple removing my post, well as they say customer is always right so there is no justification for removing a post. I was never unpolite or anything just angry so i didnt insult anyone, defending Apple for deleting a user post is just pure wrong and since you havent read my post i dont see how you can say it was wrong. Would be nice if you explained your reasoning :confused:
    I actually made a second post on Apple forum after i posted here to see if it gets removed or not so you can see it here
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=13346910#13346910

Any way thanks everyone for your help.