iTunes is driving me crazy!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac17, Nov 5, 2008.

1. mac17 macrumors regular

I was trying to add album art to a movie in iTunes 8.01 I clicked "OK" and it showed me a progress bar and then iTunes became unresponsive. I reopened iTunes and clicked on the movie and iTunes crashed again... it keeps on crashing every time. So I tried deleting the plist file... no luck Then I tried reinstalling itunes from apple site.. still crashes every time I try to do anything with that specific file everything else works fine. Is there any way to fix this keeping my iTunes library in tact I just finished perfecting it I have all the album art and lyrics and I dont want to lose them. Please help! Thanks.

2. OldLadywithiPod macrumors member

OldLadywithiPod

I wish I could offer expert guidance, but all I can offer is empathy.

What iTunes has caused me in the past:

screech at Old Man because of immense frustration

nearly hurl my Nano 2nd G across the livingroom

say every bad word I know at least 4 times an hour

to run outside shouting for any 14-year-old geek in the neighborhood to help me

to run outside waving a $20 bill shouting for any 14-year-old geek in the neighborhood to help me

to consider iTunes to be a cultural well-kept joke - that it really doesn't work at all but everyone just tells each other that it does - sort of like the Emperor's New iTunes.

to cry real tears that I would be left out of the iPod arena because I couldn't understand how to navigate in iTunes

to stand in awe of anyone who is able to (effortlessly in my eyes) load up their iPods with all sorts of goodies while I struggle to even log in

:)

3. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow... this is really the first problem Ive ever had with iTunes otherwise I LOVE it!

4. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Huh...iTunes never once crashed or has done anything weird for me. No issues at all, no joke.

--Eric

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

Something is wrong with the file. The easy way to fix it is to find some software that can read it (without crashing) and ave it back to disk. Try using Quicktime. read it up make any small triveal change then save it back to disk. ffmpeg would work too.

6. mac17 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! it worked but still everytime I try to ad movie art it crashes and corrupts the file..