itunes is idumed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Nov 27, 2008.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

Arr everytime there is a new update with itunes I update then when I reopen it, there's a problem. The last two updates I had this problem. First time was bc mcfee just decided to block it and now I don't know what's up with it now. My touch been acting up and now my itunes is acting up. I think I just abandand apple .

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Maybe your problem is your PC or your antivirus software.

3. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Perhaps if you explained your problem a bit better, we'd be able to help. What is exactly is happening with your touch and iTunes? Are you running OS X or Windows? And what is idumed?

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Im thinking he meant iDumb.LOL. Im pretty sure its a user error issue he is having. To the OP, give us some more info please on y our setup and such so we can offer suggestions. And if you're going to abandon Apple over an itunes issue, try windows stuff for awhile.

5. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Windows xp. Everytime I try to open itunes it tells me that I encounter a problem. So then I went to help and it said to delete quicktime and download a newer version. Then it tells me to remove or repair itunes. What does downloading quicktime have anything to do with itunes? So I clicked repair and nothing happened. So I downloaded quicktime again and this time I clicked remove. Then it was removing everything even backup . I got scared so I quickly turned off my computer. Ill be back

6. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I agree, user error.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yeah, PEBKAC.

8. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Other people will be able to answer your actual question better (especially since I'm not even on Windows), but, just so you know...iTunes really is just Quicktime. That's why they install together, because without Quicktime, iTunes is just a skin and a catalogue.

9. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

True that.

10. wardev macrumors regular

no its not

More like iDoomed

11. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

When I had an problem with iTunes after upgrading, I went to Add/Remove programms and removed EVERYTHING to do with Apple, iPod, iTunes, Quicktime. After a reboot, I downloaded the latest version of iTunes and Quicktime (usually bundled together) and reinstalled. I found this solution on the Apple Support Site.

Try it and see if it works.

12. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

Well, he's having problems, and he mentioned McAfee, so OBVIOUSLY Windows. :D:D:D I'm in a smartass mood today. ;)