iTunes is lame with TV series

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by carlosbutler, May 8, 2009.

1. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

iTunes is now being lame with a few TV series. I have ripped from my DVD's family guy, and fawlty towers (as well as other stuff) but these two specifically are very annoying because they show up completely wrong in iTunes. When ordering them by tv show season it just messes up (see below)

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

i had to put a decimal after the one that messes up for family guy to sort it out, luckily because its the last season that i have

[​IMG]

but that just looks stupid, especially in front row when its large font. is there anything that can be done?

carlos

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can you post an example get info window showing how you've filled out the video metadata?

3. Eyedn macrumors regular

4. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All of the family guy ones are the same except for what i have shown (ie all other tabs are the same except for video. And none of them have any information under sorting

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The same applies to this series as well as family guy

I got the image covers from amazon, imdb, lovefilm, just google whatever you are looking for and images then just drag and drop them into the get info image section

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I had some showing up as Season 2, 4, 3 just now until on the info tab i fixed the album to say "Bones, Season 3" like the others said.

Maybe try that field (and I had an episode from Season 3 that wasn't with the others until i fixed that field to match the rest).

ETA: and these are shows that I bought from iTunes that had those fields filled in btw.

6. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

surely if you had bought them from itunes they should already have been filled with the correct information. anyways i shall give that a try. thanks

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

They had the right info - it was just in a different field in the one episode that was "outside" of the rest. Which was strange... but when i copied it to the same place as the others it fell into line.

8. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Stab in the dark, but try looking at the 'Artist' in the info tab.

9. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Here is where mine is that works.... the one that was outside had it in the Album Artist field instead of the Album field.

And here is another one - that has it working, but the fields are different (again, downloads/purchases from iTunes, not stuff i ripped).

Attached Files: