iTunes is now Faster on Windows

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SomeDudeAsking, Apr 20, 2011.

1. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So after the latest iTunes 10.2.2 update, I've noticed that the App Store in iTunes loads a bit quicker now. But the thing that shocked me is that the back button in iTunes actually works now without having to completely reload the previous app page I was viewing! In previous versions of iTunes, every time I hit the back button, it would completely reload the previous page, now it seems like it caches the pages for App Store. It is so much quicker this way and with the general slowness of iTunes, I really did think this was "magical". Unfortunately, the laggy GUI of iTunes is still there.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I never had such issues with iTunes on Windows. Are you still using Windows ME? You should upgrade.

3. SomeDudeAsking thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Windows ME? I'm still on Windows 95!!! /sarcasm

I uses Windows 7 and I've used iTunes on multiple Windows 7 computers and iTunes is always horridly slow.

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

iTunes worked great for me on Windows, no problems.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I’ve used iTunes on Windows XP, Vista, and 7. Never had any issues. What do you find slow about it? Backups? Mine take a few minutes. Syncing? Several minutes, maybe 10 at the most.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Yea more details please. The only thing I ever found slow was viewing and rearranging iPhone apps, but that was fixed many updates ago before the iP4/iOS4. I haven't noticed anything recently.