iTunes is once again making me suicidal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samywamy10, Oct 2, 2011.

1. samywamy10, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

samywamy10 macrumors regular

samywamy10

Hey all,
    Does anyone else find iTunes for Windows as awful as I do? I'm currently running iOS 5 Beta 7, and the other day (after restoring my phone about 4 times consecutively), finally I got all the apps on and the music started syncing and so my phone sync was complete (hours later...). Yes!

Today I went to sync my phone, so I plugged it in (Wifi sync doesn't work) and pressed sync (to transfer some new music over), and iTunes deleted all but about 4 custom apps. To top it all of, it didn't even put my new songs on. Yes iTunes, that's exactly what I wanted to do. I didn't want to put my new songs on, but I wanted to delete all my apps. Spot on.

I think the name of the app which has just slotted itself into my dock (I didn't move it...), describes iTunes pretty well..

[​IMG]

I know it's a beta and all, but old functionality should continue to work? I shouldn't have to worry about LOSING things when I sync. I can see that iTunes has just synced over what it has on my hard drive and deleted everything else, but I've never had this happen to me before (delete anything not on my hard drive). I even agreed to transfer purchases, but what good did that do?

So now that I've vented, excuse me while I waste the rest of my night restoring my phone and losing the last few days of SMSes (which I admit isn't much :p).

Edit: Well as much as I'd love to restore my now recovery mode iPhone, iTunes proceeds to crash on me. Well done!

Edit 2: And that's two for two. I have a paper weight until Apple can get their act together (you know, in 2 days, 7 hours and 36 minutes).

Edit 3: And I've also lost some very important photos :(. What the hell iTunes?

Attached Files:

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

I think with a Beta, you should.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So you're running a beta os that apple readily documents that you should avoid if you need to use the device, in day to day activities and you're complaining about it acting, well like a beta?

4. bigbowlofjelly macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Its not as awful as windows media player for osx. Personally I think if you are going to get an iPhone you should get a mac too and if you have a windows os you should get a windows phone, as surely they would be made to work better together with there own brands