iTunes is really screwed up all of a sudden!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aj2488, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Aj2488 macrumors regular

Hey all,

So I thought it would be cool to start using a torrent type program on my MBP but now I wish I never had. I used Azureus a couple of times and then I tried Transmission today a couple of times and now my iTunes library is all messed up. I have just over 3000 songs in the library and only a handful of those have their artist and album names corresponding with the song. I used to have them all perfectly organized until I noticed this just a few moments ago :mad: Fortunately I do utilize time machine but I still don't know the best way to go about recovering my iTunes from... oh say, yesterday? Should I delete the entire iTunes library off of my MBP's harddrive and start from scratch, or go another route? Needless to say I uninstalled both torrent programs and will never use those again as I did not have this problem until my experiment with Azureus and Transmission. Bummer :(

Thanks for any advice you guys can give!!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just organize everything my date added, and remove the songs from you library that were added after a particular date.

TEG

3. Aj2488 thread starter macrumors regular

will that fix the song information for the ones I added a couple of years ago?