iTunes issue... Streaming from a mac to PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrsmitty13, Apr 4, 2008.

1. mrsmitty13 macrumors newbie

:apple:This is a fairly new issues I've been having and I have no Idea why its occuring. It was working before but recently it has stopped. My problem is this...

My setup is a desktop PC running windows XP with the latest version of iTunes that I use to hold my library of music, videos, tv shows etc. (I know, ewwe, PC... I'm in the process of converting :p). I have a macbook with leopard and the latest upgrades and version of iTunes.

When I am on my macbook and open iTunes and go to the shared library of my desktop, I have no problems accessing music, tv shows, and music videos. But when it comes to opening and streaming any Movie files, iTunes on my mac will just say "loading" and nothing will ever load. I've tried this on several different Movie files of different sizes and it just does the same thing. I also have an Apple TV that has no problem streaming the movies from my windows PC.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!! I guess the ultimate solution would be just replacing my PC with an iMac (which is happening in the next few months!!!!) LOL
    :apple:

2. Latro macrumors member

Anytime something use to work and stops working could be related to a software update... or a connection was just lost somewhere.

Have you tried disabling and then re-enabling the shared feature in iTunes on your PC?

Also, try sharing your PC "Media" folder over the network and see if you can browse to the files and access them via Finder. If you can play the files that way, then it probably is related to a software update.