iTunes issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Loke2112, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Loke2112 macrumors regular

Loke2112

Hello,

I just opened it up and it's completely a blank slate. All my nicely organized music, album art, playlists etc are gone. My music is all OK on a back up hard drive but I really don't want to import it along with all the duplicates etc I so painstakingly removed.

I did a restart but the problem still exists. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Close iTunes and relaunch it while holding the Option key. You should be able to select your library, unless it's been deleted or damaged.

3. Loke2112, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

Loke2112 thread starter macrumors regular

Loke2112

I just tried that and nothing still... Its strange as all the apps I have downloaded for IOS are all gone as well aside from the 3 I downloaded yesterday. I checked the iTunes folder that I just tried to choose when following your instructions and I see all of the apps for IOS within it as well as artwork etc yet it did nothing when selected...

Edit: SHould I select the entire iTunes folder or some sub file within? Considering it contains everything I need in the subfolders Im guessing I need the entire file correct?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You should have a file named something like one of these:

/Users/yourusername/Music/iTunes Libraries/iTunes Mac/iTunes Library.xml
    /Users/yourusername/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.xml

The path may be different on your system.

5. Loke2112 thread starter macrumors regular

Loke2112

Thanks for the help. I had to choose a "previous library" from back in March to get it to repopulate for some reason but it's better than starting from scratch I suppose. I wonder what caused it to drop out?

I swear its an Apple conspiracy to get me to buy a new Mac now that they have a new OS that my late 2007 Lappy isnt compatible with...:)