iTunes issues after restoring from time machine

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eroxx, Aug 16, 2014.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Hi ..

After restoring from a time machine backup (hard drive failed and needed new one), my iTunes looks as it did (songs, playlists, etc).

However, two behaviors that are strange:

1) Itunes keeps starting even after I've closed (it takes about 15 minutes, it just happen immediately upon closing)

2) I can not sync my iPhone or iPad ... iTunes shows "determining apps to sync" for about 10 minutes and then just stops the sync process ...

Any thoughts? I'm wondering if I should delete certain .plist files, but I don't want to do anything until I hear from some of you :=) Thanks!

-Eric

2. jlgreer1 macrumors newbie

jlgreer1

I am having exactly the same issue. My hard drive stopped working after going though an airport scanner. I had to replace the drive. The only restore that worked was from Time Machine on an external hard drive.

I have everything working as before except iTunes. All of the music is shown in the iTunes display but when selected, an error message that the file can not be found occurs. When I select search, it takes to a Finder window.

When I select cancel, iTunes hesitates that then plays the song from the cloud. Is there any way to restore the files to the MacBook Pro?

I synced with my iPhone. It didn't help.

Thank you, Jeff