iTunes issues! Album & Cover view gone wild!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by edcoche, Nov 13, 2007.

1. edcoche macrumors regular

edcoche

I just got my macbook in a few days ago and I began saving CDs (to mp3 format) using itunes and one particular album that I have saves it like none other. This CD is a Derek Trucks album and almost every song shows up as an individual album in album view and cover view mode. The other albums in my library save like they should. What I mean by that is when I view a saved album in cover flow mode it only shows 1 piece of artwork per album whereas the derek trucks album has about 8 different covers in the flow. It's pretty annoying and I cant find any way to get it fixed. Oh, btw, in the pics you'll be looking at his artwork was manually put in by me and not through itunes "get album artwork" service--if that makes any difference. The problem existed before I manually put the artwork in so I don't think there is a connection there with the problem.

Please advice, this is an annoying problem that I cant seem to fix on my own. :(

Pic 1:
    [​IMG]

Pic 2:
    [​IMG]

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I'd start by selecting all those songs from the CD, and make sure the common info (artist, album, total tracks, total discs, etc.) is the same.

Then, go through and set the track number for each particular track, so they show up in order. That should do it. :)

3. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

I just tried that, and it appears that they all add up! You cant see all of them b/c the screen resolution isn't high enough. I even tried checking "part of a gapless album." Just so you know how I went about saving the album, I put the disk in and clicked add to itunes library, just like the others. :confused:

[​IMG]

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Select them all and retype the artist, album and album artist fields on your multiple selection.

EDIT: wow the leopard dock looks like trash on white background!

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Change all the Artist fields to Derek Trucks Band, or tell iTunes the album is a compilation...

6. edcoche thread starter macrumors regular

edcoche

That did it! Thanks! :)