Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
So i have been trying to figure out why my Elton John greatest hits wouldn't sync when I realized it was going under the unknown artist even tho he is listed.

I went in and unchecked the various artist for the album but still not working right. I shut off "group by album artist" and it's a bit better, but it has the same cd listed twice, one with half the songs and the other with the other half.

Any idea how to fix it?

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Highlight all the songs and right click, click "Get Info" and you can edit the artist name/album name. That should fix it.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
iTunes issues...

Done that but I think match is changing it back!

You could always get album info from Gracenote. When you insert an audio CD iTunes auto-prompts you if you would like to get album and track info from Gracenote. That always helps me make sure I have the correct album info. I haven't experienced any problems with iTunes renaming audio files.

Last edited:

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
You could always get album info from Gracenote. When you insert an audio CD iTunes auto-prompts you if you would like to get album and track info from Gracenote. That always helps me make sure I have the correct album info. I haven't experienced any problems with iTunes renaming audio files.

What if its already in there?

Doesn't that get over written with iTunes Match info?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.