Itunes jailbreak 3GS WONT WORK HELP!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by coolant113, Jan 17, 2011.

1. coolant113, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

I have the pwnge tool i let it go thru everything to make the .ipsw and it made it for iPhone 3GS 4.1. I got it into DFU mode and everytime i try to restore it in itunes it comes up with a error message that it cannot do it. I need help asap this needs to get shipped out by 3pm. Thank you:apple::apple:

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You need SHSH to restore to a Custom IPSW at 4.1. If you have oldbootrom
    you can go to 4.2.1 custom ipsw and still be JB untethered. You have to do some work on pwnage tool which is detailed on DEV team blog.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Do you have 4.1 shsh's saved on cydias server?
    Did you use Tinyumbrella to pull your available shsh's if you have them for that built and started tss server?
    You try kicking it out of recovery with TU?
    What kind of error does it give you?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

has your phone ever been Jailbroken? have you save your SHSH Blobs? if not you have to restore it to 4.2.1. What error are you getting. we need info if you want our help so you can make your money. ;) www.Iclarified.com has all the tutorials btw. Applejuiced beat me again lol!

5. coolant113 thread starter macrumors 6502

coolant113

i pulled it out of recovery mode using tiny umbrella. i dont know how to do it the other way. It has never been jailbroken before and i need to unlock it as soon as it is jailbroken. :apple::apple:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you dont have shsh's probaby for previous firmware.
    All you can do is create a custom 4.2.1 ipsw with pwnage.
    And you might be stuck with a tethered JB if you have the new bootrom.

7. coolant113 thread starter macrumors 6502

coolant113

so there is no way i can jailbreak this version at all? because if i update it i cant unlock it correct?:apple::apple:

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You never said what version the iphone its on right now.

9. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You can use pwnage tool to get to 4.2.1 and retain current baseband. If you have old bootrom it will be untethered if new bootrom it will be tethered.
    Pwnage tool at 4.2.1 is a little more complex.

Read DEV team blog. You got to drop a 4.2.1 bundle in pwnage tool which is available on the dev team blog. You also have to JB with redsn0w after you restore the custom 4.2.1 IPSW you then unlock with ultrasn0w.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm guessing you sold the phone as Jailbroken and unlocked so you could get more cash. Kind of funny how people tend to look down on jailbreaking till it's time to sell. Since you can only unllock 4.2.1 you might be able to preserve baseband to unlock. honestly it's tricky for a 1st timer. you can check baseband Setting/general/about. if I were you I try somebody of Craigslist to help you. it shouldn't cost you more then $20. this vs a 100 questions and waiting is a good investment.

11. coolant113 thread starter macrumors 6502

coolant113

So i did some research and it tells me to use tiny umbrella to save the SHSH of the current iphone 4.1, then update the iphone thru itunes, and keep tiny umbrella running in the background and it will update without loosing the baseband. Does that sounds right?:apple::apple:

12. nebo1ss, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You cannot save SHSH for 4.1 at this time. You can make use of them if you have them and you can check that by using tiny umbrella and try and save them. If Cydia has them TU will get them for you if it does not it will let you know.

Do not follow the instruction you found. They will only work 1. if you have SHSH already saved. 2. You start TSS server on tiny umbrella. Even if you meet those conditions it will update your baseband to the 4.1 baseband. You must use pwnage tool to avoid that on 3gs.

I am assuming here that you know what you started with and that your baseband was 5.13 at the start. If you had already gone further, then you are restricted in your options and would have to go to the IPAD baseband.