iTunes keeps asking for login info.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shervinvan, Feb 19, 2013.

1. shervinvan macrumors member

Hi guys,

A bit of an odd situation for me. I have an iPad 4 and for some reason I cannot log into my account through the iTunes App. I will give a little background on the issue:

When I open the iTunes app on my iPad and go to the "Music" tab, near the bottom of the page I press on "login". It prompts me to enter my user/password, upon entering that nothing happens. I still see the login button and if i press it again it will ask me to log in again... Same thing happens if i try to view my purchases under the iTunes app. I keep getting an infinite loop of "you need to log in in order to view purchases" and keeps asking for password and user ID.
    Please note. I'm using the SAME account and password (which I've had for over 3 years) on my iPhone and on my rMBP, with no problems at all.

iTunes seems the only app to have this issue, my App store works fine and I am able to download apps without any problems. I've gone into settings and logged out of my account, logged back in, reset my device, turned it off, even restored to an older stable backup and still no luck. I cannot see any apps, books, magazines or anything of that sort which may be stuck in the download process. i.e. everything seems fine except for the log in issue. Is there anyone who has run into this kind of problem? I really don't want to wipe my iPad and reinstall everything again as that will take some time... its really annoying. I've even synced my ipad through itunes, I've literally done everything that I could think off, and still i get the circular loop of "please log in". I've also tried disabling iCloud, and re-enabling it without any success. Its really bugging me as I cannot see any of my past iTunes purchases or actually buy anything from iTunes since I cant log in, even though in the iPad settings it sees me as signed in (yes its the proper account).

would appreciate any help. :(

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Force quit your apps, sign out in the settings and power cycle your ipad. That kills many such loops. It's like the file that stores your apple id is partly corrupted. It's happened to me also and this fixed it.

If it doesn't you could try just resetting your settings and not all the content. That might also do it. You'll lose known wifi and stuff like that but its quicker than a full restore

3. shervinvan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply charlituna!

I've tried force closing the app and restarting before and got no where... but ill try the second suggestion of resetting the settings options and hope that works!

thanks