iTunes keeps opening on its own...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GatorsUF, May 31, 2012.

1. GatorsUF macrumors newbie

I have Googled this issue and there are lots of people with the same issue. However the fixs are varied and vague. Some people have custom keyboards or joysticks causing the issue. Others fixed their problems but never posted what the fix was...

Anywho, every time I close iTunes it pops back up in 1-5 minutes. I tried running "killall iTunes" in terminal, and it still happens. I also uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it...same issue.

Is there a tool that I could run that would log all the processes for a period of time and maybe I could see what was causing iTunes to open?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Take a look at your Dashboard. Most of the times that I've seen this problem come up, it's because of a Dashboard widget that the user didn't remember having.

You can use top in the Terminal to watch the processes that are running, but you'd have to actually sit there and watch it unless you can log it to a file, but I'm not familiar with how to do that.

jW

3. elmnt macrumors newbie

Solved?

This is all over the internet right now. I spoke with an Apple support person today, no help whatsoever.

No promises, but it looks like I've solved this on my machine. This may be of some help, check it out:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/18520213