iTunes keeps pausing without intervention

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daneoni, Oct 24, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Ever since i got my iMac i've noticed something annoying. I'll be rocking out and suddenly iTunes just pauses out of the blue without my intervention, this happens at least 4/5 times a week usually more.

I've repaired permissions, verified disk (which found errors on several occasion but none since) and it still happens. I don't know what to do. I know its not a hardware issue (then again the hard drive errors may beg to differ) and my OS install has been very stable since install with iTUnes being the only trouble maker.

Dunno what to do....any ideas

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

This is happening to me too! Happened on my Mac Pro, and is happening on my new MBP as well. Guess it's not just an iMac thing, if that's any consolation for you :confused:

3. xxjuicymintxx macrumors regular

I don't think it's just an iMac problem. Maybe iTunes itself.
    Try the iTunes section?

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Good to know im not the only one nor is it an iMac only problem cos i was starting to think i got a lemon of somekind.

Would mods be kind enough to move this thread to the iTunes section cos i dont want to post duplicate threads

5. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Have You tried to start itunes "clean"?
    Move both your iTunes folder and the itunes preferences to a different place,desktop for instance and then start iTunes again.
    Inport all your music again and look for a couple of days how it runs.
    If no problem then something is wrong with either your preference file or your iTunes library.
    If so start again by moving one of those to its original place and look again,if still good than that was a good file,then move that other one to its normal place and try again.
    If you start having the problem again than that what you moved into its original place is corrupt.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers Perry