iTunes Keeps Randomly Pausing?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Geography Guy, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Geography Guy macrumors newbie

Recently iTunes has started randomly pausing, regardless of the song. Usually every few minutes. I have like 500 songs so it ain't the songs. What's going on?

2. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

What kind of audio setup do you have? I mean output, through an amp or speakers or whatever? I had this problem using a Digi 002 device and found it to be the connecting lead between them was damaged and kept cutting out, forcing itunes to pause.

3. jlindley macrumors newbie

That sounds likely just knowing how the iphone behaves. If one is to unplug the headphones / speakers it will pause... I had faulty headphones once with a short and when I moved them they would lose connection and pause. It was so quick that I wouldn't even hear it when listening.. new headphones and I have never had the issue again.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Totally agreed here - check your audio output devices. A loose, damaged, or badly connected cable will definitely cause this issue. Also, it won't hurt to check Activity Monitor while iTunes is playing, to see if there is a system resource issue.