iTunes keeps re-syncing all 634 of my songs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiseDarthVader, Aug 14, 2012.

1. RiseDarthVader macrumors member

Since moving my iPhone/iPad library from my Windows gaming PC to my new MacBook Pro I've had problems syncing my iPhone. Every time I sync my iPhone to iTunes now it copies over all 634 of my songs. Which is a very long process when syncing over Wi-Fi. Anyone encountered this problem before and know of a solution?

2. RiseDarthVader thread starter macrumors member

I probably should of worded my post to make it clearer. But the issue is that iTunes on my MacBook Pro copies the whole selected music library to the iPhone even though I haven't connected it to the Windows gaming PC. The music library already exists on the iPhone.

3. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

Are you 100% positive that the whole library is syncing. iTunes might only be updating play counts and Genius data. If it is syncing everything, the simplest thing to do is to check off "manually manage music".

4. RiseDarthVader thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm sure. iTunes is definitely taking its sweet ass time copying music over.

5. mrochester macrumors 65816

I've got exactly the same problem. I've just connected my SE to my computer and it's re-syncing my 2598 song collection despite the fact that all of these songs are already on said iPhone. Does anyone know how to fix this?

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Have you guys tried just unchecking the "sync songs" option in iTunes (which will wipe the songs from the phone) and then recheck the box to copy the songs over again?

7. mrochester macrumors 65816

Yes I've tried that. I originally thought it might have been because iTunes was struggling to work well with OneDrive, which is where I stored my music. However, I've now moved my music to a local drive and it's still doing the same thing.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

hmm, my iTunes used to recopy the same album over and over for me and after unchecking/rechecking that fixed it for me.