itunes keeps saying theres an update after updating

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andybno1, Dec 4, 2009.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

pretty much as the title says really, seems that the past 2 weeks a bug? has cropped up in which an update will become available and I tell iTunes to update the app, it downloads it, I go back to the app page and the icon refreshes, I then see iTunes telling me that theres still an update.

I clicked on the 1 update available link thing and low and behold the application I just updated is still saying theres an update and no matter how many times I click update all apps it will still say theres an update.

anyone else had this before? driving me potty because its also happening on my iPhone too.

running windows 7 with latest iTunes and iPhone has 3.1.2 jailroken and unlocked

2. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

I have the same problem on my not-jailbroken iphone. The app store on my iphone keeps telling me that that there is an update available, even though I just installed the very same update.

Affected Apps:
    - Cocktails v3.5
    - Flashlight. v2.0

3. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

originally I had latest aroundme update then national rail 1.3 (UK app)..... did something to aroundme..... think I managed to remove the app then update (cant remember what) and that stopped notifying me now it's national rail.

Also tried a complete removal of app moved to recycle bin and reinstalled through itunes still gettin update notifiction..... glad to see it's not just me but a bug with apple

4. b00st3d macrumors member

b00st3d

keeps saying that for pocket god on itunes itself as well as my iphone, so im thinking its an appstore issue and not my pc!

5. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

This is a common issue int eh past two weeks. I think there's a bug on the network that isn't sending the 'download successful' call either to your computer or to the server.

It seems to be getting better now, however.

6. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

Same thing happening with me with the Aroundme app.....

7. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone