iTunes keeps sleeping and losing connection to apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by CultHero, Nov 24, 2008.

1. CultHero macrumors 6502

this is a new development from the update but when I am watching one of my TV shows that is on my drobo and streaming to my Apple TV, iTunes will go to sleep with my iMac after 15 minutes and I will lose the connection.

What the heck!? Any fixes?

2. marcusgee macrumors newbie

marcusgee

Have you adjusted the sleep time on your iMac? You'll find that under System Preferences/Energy Saver.

3. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

no, I don't want to do that. It should stay up when iTunes is streaming. At least it used to

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If iTunes is actively playing and using AppleTV as an AirTunes option, my Mac does not go to sleep. If AppleTV is "pulling" items via streaming from iTunes, Mac sleeps as specified in energy saver preferences. It has always been that way. I think your memory is fooling you. However, I agree, this is annoying.

5. CultHero thread starter macrumors 6502

but I have watched full length movies that were on my Drobo with no issues, but now when I try and watch Top Gear TV shows it shuts down after 15 minutes.

6. NJuul macrumors 6502

Yeah, I find that it only happens with TV-shows, streaming movies through the mac from a remote location (in my case an airdisk), there's no problem. Obviously its a bug they haven't gotten ironed out yet.

7. marcusgee macrumors newbie

marcusgee

I've always had that issue with streaming movies and TV shows, which is why I reset my sleep time if I'm watching one. If iTunes is pushing music, though, I don't have the same problem.