iTunes, Keyboard controls and AirTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jomni, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Jomni macrumors member

Hello, i wonder if anyone else has found this problem i just came across. I'm using my airport express to play my iTunes on some speakers, but the volume shortcuts on the keyboard don't control the volume for some reason. you have to open iTunes and use the slider. any idea if this can be fixed? are the buttons for the computer speakers only?
    Cheers

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, the keyboard controls do not control AirTunes speakers.

3. m.fuller macrumors newbie

Do you have any useful information? Or just here to state the obvious. I too would like to know if there is a way to control airtunes via keyboard short cuts, or the apple IR remote, much quicker than opening up the remote app on the iphone.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I stated the answer. Whether you like the answer or not, it's the answer. I didn't post it for you. I posted it 8 months ago for the OP. You're not going to last long in this forum with a smart-ass attitude toward those who can answer questions.

5. m.fuller macrumors newbie

You only answered half his question. He also asked "any idea if this can be fixed?"

If you are such a team player you would of elaborated or offered some further information into the topic, your answer just seems like the general "smart-assed" answer you constantly see these days, belittling the OP and making out your are in-fact much smarter as their stupid question doesn't deserve your time of day. Im just sick of this type of mentality, its not a direct stab at you, it has become way to common these days. Forums are meant to be helpful places with insightful information not a place to compete as to who is smarter than someone else on the other side of the world.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I use BowTie to display the album artwork on the desktop already, so I just set a custom button to control the iTunes volume (instead of the system volume), and set it to F10/11/12, the corresponding function keys to the printed volume adjustment keys. You can then just hit Fn+F10 to mute, Fn+F11 for lower volume, Fn+F12 for higher volume. If you want, you can even switch those to the default and make it so you have to use Fn to change the system volume (System Preference -> Keyboard, or use FunctionFlip to only change those if you want the other buttons to keep working normally).

You can do the same with any of the iTunes controller programs, AFAIK, but BowTie is free and works really well.

jW

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I stated a fact. I added no commentary. I did not belittle, berate, chastise or even suggest anything of the kind. I stated a simple fact which answered the question. If there had been more facts to offer, I would have done so. If you choose to read all kinds of attitude into the simple statement of a fact.... 8 months ago.... you have a personal problem that cannot be helped in this forum.
    And I'm sick of newbies that come into the forum with a chip on their shoulder, digging up old threads and using their 2nd post in the forum just to criticize someone who took the time to even respond. Did you notice how many other posters even gave the OP the time of day? Get over it! If you don't like the way I answer questions, you're welcome to add me to your ignore list.