Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Is this just me, or every time a new firmware is due iTunes starts checking for firmware updates more regularly.

I know it's meant to check at a 'random' date in the future, but so far over the weekend (bearing in mind it has been stated on various threads that apple support have told people an update is due within a week or so) it has checked friday, then changed to sat, then sunday now today?

Seems odd to me that it's only moving on 1 day at a time when before it would go about 2 weeks between checks?

Wonder if anyones else's has displayed this odd behavior?

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
I've seen it happen to me a couple of times.

I don't think Apple is thinking of giving us new firmwares and updates every single day, or in a matter of two weeks.

It's probably just one of those random iTunes actions that baffle us.

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
No it just always gets me as this has happened to me with a couple of the original iphone updates, always around two weeks then BAM! checks daily right before release.

iTunes...maybe its really some advanced AI like a precursor to SKYNET... uh oh maybe SJ is the T1000!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.