Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
lol this will be helpful to a bunch of ppl i know who dont even know what "update" means and still have a lovely # like 56 next to their appstore app or not ... knowing them they will never get iOS5

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
This is terrific and long overdue. The user should not HAVE to manage these things. Crossing fingers for 3GS getting this now.

jaredhimself

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2011
Fake • Compare the text

Check out the pixel differences in the text. This was clearly faked and everyone has fallen for it.

michaelcyee

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
If podcast updates on iOS were automatic, I would only need to sync my iPhone and iPad for iOS updates -- from multiple times a week to every few months. I'm hoping iOS 5 will knock out both of those.

It would be a nice little surprise if the next iOS 4 update added automatic podcast updating.

There are apps that can do that right now, such as Pocket Casts or Podcaster. I haven't switched to those just yet, because I still insist on using the iTunes way, even though it's a bit cumbersome to have to wit until all podcasts are in before syncing (or have to sync a second time).

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
How do updates work currently? I always assumed it did this already, seems like a no brainer.

Seems like a good idea as long as it does a few things - notify the user of the update and let them confirm updating to the new version, and keeping the previous version archived on the mac with a way to easily revert to the earlier one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.