Itunes Libary transfer help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by majurglery, Aug 29, 2008.

1. majurglery macrumors newbie

Ok well, heres the deal, i got a new computer, and im not sure how to transfer my old library from my touch onto my computer. is there any way i can do this? i dont have many purchased songs (maybe 20?) but i have Lots of music of my own that i need to get on my computer. I do have access to my old computer with all the files, but i have no way of burning a cd or dvd with the libary file and i dont want to blow $80+ on a 16 gig flash drive that ill use only once. Please, if anyone has a solution, id aprciate it.

2. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

uhm welllllllllllllllllllllll, you can do many things. If there networked togather you can transfer it al onto the mac, via ethernet, which might take for ever (just along time). you could buy a cheap enclosure and through the harddrive into it. I think not certian but apparently u can put a firewire into a pc if it has and plug it into the mac but not certian how to get the pc to know its a harddrive, i saw on a utube vid. Thats all i can think of at the time. what kind of computer did u get im assuming mac but maybe can be wrong.

3. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

I bet if you did a search, you would find your answer.

4. majurglery thread starter macrumors newbie

um no i dont have a mac, its another windows machine (vista). I dont want to spend money for somthing that apple should have included (disc mode). BTW i did use search, and i did not find anything useful.

5. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Wow, that is too bad for you. I did a search and in less than 5 seconds I found this. Also, too bad for you, MR is blocking the link. So so sad.

6. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

NOTHING!!!!!! yay, but i have no clue because i really hate windows always did. And dont care about it so yea.

7. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

hahaha I like that, MR Blocking The Link LoL

8. majurglery thread starter macrumors newbie

ya thanks for the "help" if you can even call it that, should have known better than to post on these forums

9. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

:D u can get help just people tend to aviod windows machines, unless of course if they use a virtual machine or bootcamp.