iTunes Library damaged. All apps,playlists lost. Please Help.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Something happened to my iTunes library when I clicked on an app link(from one of the MR forums threads). It crashed. I tried to open it again but it gave me some error and crashed again. I was already downloading the new iTunes 8.2 from software update so decided to wait and install that one. But it too could not be installed. So I tried repairing the permissions(which did found some errors and corrected them), but it still didnt install. So I trashed the iTunes file from the apps folder, downloaded iTunes 8.2 from apple website and was able to install it this time.

On opening the new iTunes it started to prepare my songs for gapless music. After that it was up and running with all my music including ratings, play counts, manually added album artwork etc. But none of my playlist and video files could be found in the iTunes:(. Also all my iPhone apps are missing:eek:. I dont care about the playlist as I dont have that many songs anyways. Neither I do about videos as putting them back in wont really be that painful. But I do care about my apps.

Please someone tell me how to get my apps back????? I tried downloading a free app from iTunes and now it shows in the Apps in iTunes Library but still cant find the rest of them. When I looked into the iTunes music folder I could still see all the apps in the "Mobile Applications" folder along with the one I downloaded after the reinstallation.

How do I get those apps back in my iTunes? Do I need to download them again one by one(huge PITA considering my fast broadband gives me 384kbps only). Please tell me there is a way to easily get them back. Also if its possible to get my playlist too. There is an "iTunes Library (Damaged) file in the iTunes folder but trying to import it resulted in nothing. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanx.

2. ImNoSuperMan thread starter macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Anyways I got it my self. All I needed to do was drag all those apps back to the iTunes and voila they all are in there. Just to check I decided to update the apps. For some reason iTunes gave me an error saying apps cannot be updated for some reason. But a restart of iTunes fixed that too. Coldnt be happier.