itunes library not found

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andy5000, Jul 4, 2007.

1. andy5000 macrumors regular

Hi, Just wondering if anyone could help me.
    I have my itunes library stored on my external lacie 250gb usb drive. and everynow and again when i open iTunes it says library not found. So i rebuild the library and it happens again. It happens so randomly. it gets annoying having to wait for itunes to add 5681 songs to the library again.
    Anyone know any reasons why this is happening.
    I would import them to my mbp internal drive but then i would have a total of 1gb free which isnt very sensible.
    Hope someone can help.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If that happens, try opening iTunes with the option key held down, then select choose library and select your itunes library file on your external.

3. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

i have tried, thats when the message comes up:S

4. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

no one got any suggestions. just turned on my mac today and guess what it happened again.hard drive hasnt even been unplugged.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Ensure the drive is mounted and awake before opening iTunes each time. If you're having issues then maybe use Finder to wake the drive up before you open iTunes by simply opening a folder on the external drive. :)

6. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

it does it wether its been alseep or not. so if close itunes and reopen the message appears. its strange cause iphoto never does this and it operates on the same way of working

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm talking about the drive being asleep, not the machine. I just thought I'd clear that up. Has it ever done it immediately after using Finder to access the drive? :)

8. andy5000 thread starter macrumors regular

i know what you mean. it does it no matter if the drive has been accessed or not. its annoying