iTunes Library on external HD, Apps are saved in iTunes on internal HD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mjones185, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mjones185 macrumors regular

Hello,

I have my iTunes Library saved on an external hard drive and setup that way in iTunes, all my movies, music is saved in that library. However, all my applications are saved in an iTunes library located in my music folder that saved on the internal hard drive. I leave the external running 24/7 and didn't have an internal library at all before getting my iPod Touch and downloading apps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Any suggestion for what?
    I don't believe I understand what you need help with.

3. mjones185 thread starter macrumors regular

Why are my apps saved in a different library verse the one I have setup on my external HD. All music, movies, and podcasts are saved to the external library except my applications.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I have no idea. It does that for click wheel iPod games as well.
    You don't really have a choice on where those are saved. Every few days I make a backup of them on my external hard drive.

5. mjones185 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info...that sucks. On another note do you know how I can fix this problem. I had an iTunes account and purchased a program. I've since created a new account due to forgetting my account password and the accounts email was no longer valid (.Mac thing). Now that I have a new account I can't get updates to the purchased program because it says I need to be logged in under the old account because that was the account I made the purchase with. Is there a way to transfer the program to my new account for updates?

Thanks again.

Mike