Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
I have kept my library on my external drobo for about two years, but due to h ow slow it is and the fact that I have upgraded my iMac driv eo a full tb, I can now move my iTunes library back onto my iMac.

I have a folder titled "iTunes" on my drobo and one titled "iTunes" on my mac. When I open up the drobo file I see a lot of files, like artwork, itunes library xml, itunes music, itunes library genius itb, itunes library extras, downloads, temp file.tmp and of course my itunes music folder.

When I open up the "iTunes" folder on my iMac, I see the above files along with itunes games, mobile apps and two temp files.

I want all the content from my library to now appear on my iMac, what do I need to move and what do I need to replace?

kboller07

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2007
Open up iTunes as normal and under preferences go to advanced and it will say itunes media folder location, hit reset. Then highlight all the files you want to move to your iMac and right click consolidate. It'll move everything you've highlighted back to your default folder on your iMac.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
for some reason when I open up iTunes it says the itunes folder can't be found and wants me to choose one. I just want to make sure that stuff in both folders if necessary is included. Mobile apps for my iphone for example

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.