iTunes Library Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by polar-blair, Sep 16, 2008.

1. polar-blair macrumors regular

I currently Have my itunes library one an external 500GB HD, works fine and my mum uses her macbook for here itunes. But soon I will be getting a MB/MBP and my brother will be getting a Mini, Now Im wanting to get a Time Capsule to back up the macbooks wirelessly and have them connected to my network via wifi, and connect my iMac and mini via ethernet to the time capsule. So once all the macs are connected to the internet and all talking to each other I was thinking is there a way of them all having the same iTunes and iPhoto Library?

Can I connect a HD to the time capsule and then redirect all the macs itunes library to the one on the networked HD, I thought this would be better than having all my itunes library on the iMac and have it on share 24/7

Is this possible will it be really slow and laggy, can the same be done for iPhoto, Do I need a special HD? Any help or suggestions would be great.

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

There is a USB port on the back of Time Capsule, which you can connect an external HD or a printer to, which all computers can wirelessly access.

I assume that if you currently have your libraries on an external HD it would work just the same hooked into Time Capsule.

Yes, it may be a bit slower since it is wireless, but nothing which should be a problem.

I'm assuming you would be able to connect iPhoto as well.