Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rshawkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2014
I installed Yosemite and encountered a problem where Outlook did not open properly. As this was a problem I reverted to Mavericks but found that the Yosemite had updated the iTunes library and made it unreadable by Mavericks iTunes.

In this forum, which I only found just now, I may have the answer to the Outlook problem and may re-install Yosemite but I would welcome anyone advising on the iTunes issue.

Many thanks

Rian Gray

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
NJ, United States
I looked this up as well, thanks to iTunes not being able to play any movies.

The only way I found was restoring iTunes library file (ltl file) from previous iTunes library folder. It's in the iTunes library folder, so it wouldn't take long to find it. In the folder, there's probably gonna be a last library ltl file stored from iTunes 11, (it stores up to a year worth of legacy ltls) so simply change the current iTunes library file with older one and you are good to go.

Now if you are looking for a way to revert or downgrade current ltl, unfortunately I couldn't find any other methods to do so. It appears every new version of iTunes alters ltl permanently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.