iTunes Library sharing error -3259

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mattlehat, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Mattlehat macrumors newbie

Hi
    I am trying to share my iTunes library stored on my iMac (Leopard) with a mac mini (10.4.11).

The library name appears in the shared list on the MacMini iTunes but when I click it, it doesn't open up, just hangs until I get an error message saying my library is not responding (-3259). Check that any firewall software running has been set to allow communication on port 3689.

I have checked the firewallon the iMac and it is currently set to allow specific services and applications and iTunes is set to ALLOW.

The only way I can get the library to share properly is to set the firewall to allow ALL incoming connections. This is not right though is it? Does this make my iMac vulnerable to malicious attacks?

Any suggestions please?

2. ANNORAWilliams macrumors newbie

Fix error 3259

While visiting the iTunes store, or purchasing music from it, you may receive error 3259 Windows 7. Any of the following descriptions will appear with the error:
    i "iTunes could not connect to the Store. An unknown error occurred (-3259). Make sure your network connection is active and try again."
    ii "There was an error downloading your music (-3259)"
    Here are the various ways to fix error 3259 Windows 7:
    Update iTunes
    Turn Off your Windows Firewall
    Exclude iTunes from the Data Execution Prevention
    Repair the iTunes Registry Settings
    Clean the System Junk
    i also faced this problem many times but i fixed it, i also got some help from this article
    error 3259 , hope someone might get help from this article.